Fort Lauderdale Family Attorney
When you are facing divorce or dealing with other family law concerns, you likely have many things on your mind, from protecting your legal rights to managing emotional stress. The Fort Lauderdale family attorneys of Sandra Bonfiglio, P.A. do more than just take you through the legal steps to end your marriage—you will find a counselor and a steady hand to guide you and support you through this difficult time.
Learn more about our services below, our Fort Lauderdale family law attorneys can help you today.
- Divorce – We handle all types of divorce cases, including uncontested, contested and military divorce proceedings handled through mediation and litigation. Our website also provides information on grounds for divorce, the divorce process in Florida, filing a petition for dissolution of marriage, and new divorce laws.
- Property division – Divorcing spouses must divide their assets and debts during the dissolution of marriage process. Sandra Bonfiglio, P.A. helps clients establish fair arrangements for property division.
- Alimony – If either spouse still needs financial support once property division is complete, a Florida court may consider awarding alimony during or after the divorce.
- Child custody – We represent mothers and fathers in all types of child custody matters, including cases involving temporary custody, shared parental responsibility, full custody and child visitation rights.
- Child support – There are new child support laws in Florida that may affect how child support is determined during or after your divorce. At Sandra Bonfiglio, P.A., we also assist clients with child support enforcement and modifications.
- Grandparents’ rights – Unlike many states, Florida courts will consider requests for visitation from grandparents. We can help you assert or contest grandparents’ rights in a child custody case.
- Guardianships – Sometimes a guardian may be appointed in a divorce or custody proceeding. We have experience representing clients in guardianship litigation.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements – Our firm helps clients create prenuptial and postnuptial agreements that protect assets in the event of a divorce.
- Legal separation – While legal separation does not formally exist in Florida, there are ways to achieve a similar result with legal agreements and petitions for court orders.
- Paternity – Establishing paternity gives a father certain rights and responsibilities in regard to his child, and also enables a child to receive benefits or inheritance from his or her father. We can help clients assert or challenge paternity depending on their needs.
- Relocation – Shared custody can be significantly affected if one parent relocates, especially if he or she moves to another state. We help mothers and fathers determine how parental responsibility and time sharing may be affected in the event of relocation.
- Stepparent adoptions – At Sandra Bonfiglio, P.A. we provide representation and guidance in stepparent adoption cases to solidify the parent-child relationship through formal legal channels.
Our law firm takes on many roles for our clients during the divorce process, but the most important one is to represent their best interests. While other attorneys look at the obvious issues and decide what they think is best or easiest, we will work with you to find solutions that fit you and your family.
Contact A Compassionate Fort Lauderdale Family Attorney Serving Broward County
If you live in Ft. Lauderdale or Boca Raton, and you have a family law concern, please contact Sandra Bonfiglio, P.A. to schedule a consultation. The first 15 minutes of your one-on-one meeting are free, our experienced Fort Lauderdale family law attorney can help.