Fort Lauderdale Uncontested Divorce Attorney
At Sandra Bonfiglio, P.A., we represent individuals and families interested in resolving their divorce as amicably and swiftly as possible. In such cases—when the parties are able to agree on child custody, distribution of property, alimony and other issues—they can have an uncontested divorce and keep the matter out of court. Contact our Fort Lauderdale uncontested divorce attorneys for more information.
Help with Uncontested Divorce in Fort Lauderdale & Boca Raton
With an uncontested divorce, both spouses agree on issues such as child custody, property division, and payment of child support and alimony, and they are able to work out a settlement on all applicable issues prior to the intervention of a court. An uncontested divorce is desirable because it reduces the costs, time and stress of a divorce case. However, given the long-term and significant nature of the divorce issues at stake, it is still important to be represented by legal counsel to ensure your rights and interests are protected.
Benefits of Uncontested Divorce
Some of the specific benefits of pursing an uncontested divorce over a contested divorce include:
- An uncontested divorce is less expensive than a contested divorce.
- Uncontested cases are heard much faster than contested matters, where discovery and motion practice take up substantial amounts of time.
- Because an uncontested divorce is often more amicable and faster, people tend to get on with their lives and put their divorce behind them, rather than dealing with the stress of long and bitter divorce litigation.
- An uncontested divorce is less stressful for children.
- Divorced spouses are more likely to follow the terms of an uncontested divorce because they decided the issues themselves.
Although an uncontested divorce may seem straightforward, and the benefits are clear, there are still certain legal requirements that must be met when filing for divorce. These include providing necessary documentation to the court, such as financial accountings and a parenting plan, and creating pleadings and documents that follow specified legal standards.
At Sandra Bonfiglio, P.A., we use our experience and expertise to make the uncontested divorce process as quick and painless as possible, ensuring that both spouses are treated with respect and our client’s goals are met.
Get Sound Legal Advice before You Start the Divorce Process
If you are considering divorce and you and your spouse want to resolve the matter as quickly and amicably as possible, an uncontested divorce may be a good option for you. However, it is still important to obtain legal advice and counsel to facilitate the process and ensure your rights are protected. In southeast Florida, contact Fort Lauderdale uncontested divorce attorney Sandra Bonfiglio, P.A. to schedule a consultation.